Ugh... so I decided to go to my cousin's wedding in bumfuck Wisconsin. It was ok to start..I guess. I knew nobody except for my mom and a couple of her sisters (and my cousin of course)...which meant-nobody to talk to. I kept getting the feeling that I was being looked at.. not really stared at by anyone in particular, but there were a lot of people looking at me..whispering to the person next to them... even a couple pointed fingers! What was wrong? Did I have a bat in the cave? I still don't know.
Things got worse when they started playing music... song #1 the chicken dance, song #2 the macerena, song #3 barbie girl...seriously WTF?!?!
To top it all off there was a guy there that looked EXACTLY like my ex did when I first met him...no... not just looked like him...acted and talked like him. My mom actually hauled me over by him to ask if he was a "Miller boy"...and proceeded to tell this stranger that he looks "just like my daughter's soon to be ex"...really mom?? we had to tell him that? Then later on she's trying to get me to dance with him.
I was already feeling shitty while I was there...This girl gets 2 weddings and what did I get? Eloping in a bar and my first (and only) dance was with some stranger that walked in the door that my new "husband" pushed me towards and said "dance with her...nobody else wants to".
I soon made an excuse of having to get to the hotel to finish homework...claiming it's going to take a few hours. Really it's only going to take one...maybe less.
I really hope that tomorrow is going to be a better day.
No comments:
Post a Comment